Grades and transcripts


  • Midterm grades are posted either within canvas site for course or MyU grades tab.
  • If your grade is not satisfactory you will receive a midterm alert email from the PSEO Academic Advisor. This may result in a one on one meeting.  

Final grades

  • Typically posted by UMD faculty a week and a half following the courses final exam.
  • You can view your grades by:
    • Logging into MyU.
    • Click on Academics tab on left-hand side.
    • Click on Grades tab along the top.   
  • Changing grading scale from A-F to S-N is not allowed for PSEO students as high schools need an A-F grading scale for appropriate weighting of grade for high school transcripts.

Official transcript upon graduating from high school

  • Your University of Minnesota transcript and the grades on it will follow you wherever you go. After you graduate from high school you may decide to apply to UMD. If this is the case, you won’t need to worry about transferring credits; you will simply build on the transcript you started as a PSEO student.
  • If you apply to another institution, you will have to send your official UMD transcripts to that institution by ordering them through One Stop. Remember that accepting transfer credits is always a decision made by the individual institution. In the majority of cases, your PSEO credits will transfer to other colleges and universities.
  • Most states, however, do not have programs like Minnesota’s PSEO program, so some out-of-state schools may not understand that you have done regular college-level course work before being an undergraduate. In talking with officials at your college, stress that the program allows high school students to take regular on-campus University classes. Always keep the syllabi from the classes you have taken in case there are any questions about the content.
  • There are a few schools that simply will not accept PSEO credits. If you are concerned about the transfer of credits, contact the admissions offices of colleges to which you will be applying.
  • If the college or university you are attending (or will be attending) requires you to obtain written verification about your time in PSEO, send such request(s) directly to the PSEO Office.

Transcript request

Electronic transcripts

An electronic (secure, certified PDF) transcript is “official” in its electronic form as long as it is not altered. Electronic transcripts are only available through online requests via Parchment. Each time the file is opened, it will be certified electronically (internet connection required) to ensure it has not been altered. Electronic transcripts are available to download by the recipient for 30 days. After 30 days, the document will no longer be available. It is your responsibility to ensure that transcript is downloaded by the recipient within 30 days. A printed copy of an electronic PDF transcript is not official. While electronic transcripts are widely accepted, confirm with your recipients that they will accept this format before ordering.

Paper transcripts

A paper transcript is "official" only as long as it remains in its sealed white envelope. Do not open the sealed envelope if you are forwarding your transcript to another party (an institution, employer, or another person). Open the envelope only if you have ordered the transcript for personal use. Multiple paper transcripts (each in its own sealed white envelope) sent to a single address will be enclosed in a manila envelope that can be opened.